Do you want to join a solutions-oriented and innovative, leading-edge environmental consultancy with an ambitious strategy to preserve the world’s natural brilliance? We want people who are passionate and driven to make the world a better place. After all our people are our gold! Come join us and share your approach to creating long-term ecological solutions to the health of the environment around us.
We are looking for someone who aligns with our culture and can see themselves as part of the Ecosure family. We are seeking Field Operatives with significant experience in natural area management including weed identification, assessment, monitoring and control. If you are a passionate, highly ethical, skilled professional and want to work for a dynamic and forward-looking company, this is the ideal opportunity for you.
Our vegetation team is expanding and as we implement our strategy to ecologically restore larger, high value conservation sites. As such we are seeking casual Field Operatives in our Townsville team.
Please tell us how your previous experience aligns with our requirements by emailing a cover letter including maximum one-paragraph responses to each of the selection criteria, competencies and attributes below and your resume to email@example.com.
- Strong NQ plant identification skills – native and exotic across a range of ecosystem types.
- Demonstrated experience in weed management.
- Demonstrated experience in applying a number of restoration approaches e.g. assisted regeneration, revegetation.
- Manual Drivers Licence and 4WD competency and experience.
- Experience working in remote locations.
- Ability to work away from home (at times), a couple of days a week.
- A strong commitment to safety and safe work practices and a willingness to promote Ecosure’s safety culture.
The following competencies and attributes would be highly regarded:
- Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management (Natural Area Restoration).
- Chemcert or ACDC certification.
- A high level of physical fitness.
- Fauna and/or snake handling competency.
- First Aid Certificate
Application Close: 14 March 2018