Ecosure has a bold vision to preserve the world’s natural brilliance. By 2030 we want to improve the resilience of 100 million hectares and 1000 islands worldwide. Our people live by our culture and our values, they are passionate and driven by their desire to make the world a better place. We foster their drive through our strong leadership and commitment to professional development, exposure to different environments and a workplace that is dynamic and forward looking – it’s not your average place to work!
Ecosure is seeking a Casual Field Officer for our Ibis Management Program in Brisbane. The role requires you to work autonomously using field data capture and management. The role includes working at different locations throughout Brisbane including landfills. You will undertake roost counts, dispersal and removal tasks. The ideal candidate will have strong work ethic, flexibility with working hours and the passion for achieving best practice wildlife management outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A passion for wildlife and achieving positive environmental outcomes
- Ability to effectively and accurately capture and manage field data
- Ability to provide high quality client service
- Reliable and able to use your own initiative to work autonomously
- Flexibility, with a willingness to work evenings
- A strong commitment to safety, safe work practices, a willingness to promote Ecosure’s safety culture and situational awareness
- Manual drivers’ licence
The following skills and attributes would be highly regarded:
- Qualifications in wildlife (including pest animal) management or a related discipline
- Demonstrated operational experience in the development and implementation of wildlife management projects
Ecosure is committed to providing an outstanding work environment. Please tell us how your previous experience and attributes align with our requirements by emailing a cover letter including maximum one-paragraph responses to each of the selection criteria below and your resume to email@example.com
Application Close: 14 October 2018