Ecosure’s extensive knowledge and experience within the aquatic environment assists a variety of industries needing to monitor and manage our most precious resource.
Our highly respected aquatic ecologists have decades of industry experience and are regularly engaged by mining, infrastructure and government clients to design and undertake aquatic ecosystem assessments, as well as surface and ground water monitoring.
Ecosure delivers unique solution to water health management concerns and can assist with legislative compliance. Our dedicated Aquatic Team is highly regarded in the industry for our speciality work in freshwater ecosystems, and our estuarine and marine capabilities are of the highest standard.
On behalf of Arrow Energy, our team completed an extensive aquatic survey of all major watercourse crossings occurring over 430 km of central Queensland terrain. A team of seven specialist aquatic ecologists performed detailed seasonal surveys of aquatic fauna and flora communities, as well as conducting detailed habitat condition assessments. The immense dataset collected was then used to construct an Aquatic Values Survey Report and Aquatic Values Management Plan for the proposed pipeline project. Despite the extent of survey requirements, Ecosure’s Aquatic Ecology Team delivered a scientifically robust assessment that provided a high quality dataset required for approvals to be considered.
As well as having the expertise in the field, Ecosure’s aquatic ecologists have the understanding and experience required to tailor services to meet the client’s needs. Using state-of-the-art technology and ‘best practice’ methods we continue to deliver environmental excellence no matter how large or small the project.
- Water quality monitoring (surface and ground)
- Developing and implementing site specific Receiving Environment Monitoring Programs (REMP)
- Developing water quality objectives
- Fish, aquatic reptile and mammal, and macroinvertebrate assessments
- AUSRIVAS assessments
- Aquatic values surveys and management plans
- Water resource impact assessments
- Aquatic ecology impact assessments
- Stygofauna monitoring
- Wetland and watercourse classification and delineation, including mapping
- Fish salvage for dewatering purposes/aquatic fauna spotter catchers
- Aquatic species management plans
- Waterway barrier assessment and riverine permitting