Did you know that there is a pool of funds available for Queensland landholders from paid vegetation offsets that have resulted from development?
The government has started to release some of the funds through vegetation offset tenders, that landholders can consider for their property.
In relation to offsets, your property needs to meet the following criteria:
- The vegetation needs to be Category X, or remnant vegetation that can be improved
- The offset area can be grazed
- The offset area needs to be allowed to regrow to remnant vegetation
- The offset area could not be cleared in the future, though thinning may be allowed
- The offset area should be managed for weeds.
The table below lists the current offsets in progress. Other offsets are likely to be available soon.
|Offset Matter||Amount per ha||Requirements||Date to register interest|
|$600||Regrowth eucalypt forest|
Northern brigalow belt region
Koalas in surrounding area
Minimum 2000 ha
|28 July 2020|
If you are interested, please contact Geoffrey Sinclair on 07 4994 1000